Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Day in the Life of Yolanda



Like Sue, Yolanda's favorite color is blue.  I had the pleasure of reading about a day in the life of a woman living in Paris, France.



I can't really express what this project means to me at the moment.  It is so fascinating getting to know someone through a portrait, hand writing and a diary of his/her day.  I am starting to track the statistics behind each participant's day and hope to have some sort of graph when I have a few more pieces complete. 



I most excited right now about the possibility of starting to show some of the work in group exhibitions.  I have another work that has one more layer of color to go and then I will start to submit the work.  I really want this work to get out there because I feel like it has the possibility of speaking to a great deal of people.  It is more vulnerable, personal, intimate and honest than my past work and I think that will pay off in the end.

I would love to know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love the handwriting as the background. I'd love to read it up close! So lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katrina. Hopefully I can get in a show in your neck of the woods and you can spend the day getting to know strangers through their handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased with what you have done with my self-portrait and writing.
    Seeing Sue's first, I did not expect to see my pages in inverted order. Was that intentional?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yolanda, I am so happy that you like the work. I was wondering if anyone would notice the pages had been switched. To be honest, I really love the handwriting of the date and place and did not want that to be hidden when I made the print. It just made more compositional sense on the right hand side. I also like the idea of someone discovering that the pages have been inverted. I think it gives a little bit of intrigue and layering to the work. Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete