Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Day in the Life of Lindsey

 When I first started to map out Lindsey's print, I realized there were 7 pages.  No matter what I did, the canvas would be oddly shaped.  It turned out to be such a blessing in disguise.  I started to think about how much of my work is about the moment in time when I viewer stands in front of it.  At that moment the artwork is complete.  Since my viewer completes my work conceptually, I thought I'd give them the opportunity to complete it visually (in his/her own mind) as well. 


I absolutely love the expression that she is giving in this image!



I love the way this turned out.  Lindsey's favorite colors are rainbow moonstone and labradorite.  I decided to take the blue from the rainbow moonstone and use it for her image and let the white of the paper represent the white of the gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment