Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The day has been decided.

Ok everyone, I have decided on a day for you all to write down the details of your life for me.

That day is, (drum roll....) May 18th, 2011.

Mark your calendars so you don't forget. The whole idea is to have everyone creating a record of the same day, so it has to be the 18th of May for everyone.

So, here's what you need to do. Find yourself a few blank white pieces of paper. The size does not matter. What does matter is that it is BLANK. No lines please. And, no color other than white.

Please write in your native language. And, if your native language is not English, please include an English translation when you submit your record.

What do I want you to write down?
I want you to record your life on May 18, 2011 via hand writing ALL of your activities (even if they seem insignificant) from when you wake up until you fall asleep.


I will also need the following from you:
1. A photo of you taken on May 18, 2011(CLICK HERE for more specifics)
2. Your favorite color
3. A signed Model Release (CLICK HERE for the model release)
Please print, read, and sign the model release and mail that to me along with your notes from May 18th. (I provided an address in an email to you).

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thank you a million times over for being a part of this project. I would not be able to do it without you!

2 comments:

  1. This is great. I wish I found it earlier. I did a performance piece earlier this year in which I logged in what I did for every minute for a week. I can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura, Thanks for the kind words. I am also really excited to see what happens with this amazing stuff I am collecting (: I can't wait for it to be a full exhibition. It is going to be fabulous. Stay tuned. I always like to have participants for my projects, so perhaps you can join in on the next one!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete